Thursday, June 21, 2018

Got my Camper home

    Made a quick trip to the Gulf this weekend . We could only get 2 nights at the campground   as they are packed. I even called Gulf Shores State park on the Bama side and was told  full till July 15 or so.  Sure they have a few one night opening here and there but  we are retired so we will wait and book a 4 day trip the end of july. I hate playing camp site hopscotch its a lot of work and ruins a day moving site to site.

      We had left the camper when my dodge truck seemed to slip on the trip down. I had my old mechanic drive it he though it was fine said I should keep the overdrive off and keep my speed to 60 when towing. I did as he suggested and had no problems but I plan on getting a transmission fluid cooler put on. to be safe. I also plan on a fluid change and filter as that has been known to make this model drop in and out of overdrive and some times act like it is in neutral and overrev .

      The wife and I have decided we will be keeping our camper and truck. I want to paint our camper. I hate generic white campers and the tan ones aren't much prettier . She's not sure what colors she wants but is leaning towards Royal Blue  and Red trim . 

  
 This is a decent factory job  but a little less white would be nice. While our Fun Finder is not new it is not a retro or classic as are most that are custom painted.  
    To often we conform to  normal so not to stand out and because it could reduce resale value. We do it with our cars ,campers and homes . We are at that point in life where resale has no meaning .
We aren't  moving ,we plan on driving our cars into the ground and our camper is not perfect but its ours and usable for us.





1 comment:

  1. if you don't wear sunglasses, start. out west the light hurts your eyes. when i'd been there a couple of months my eyes changed. got to get good sunglasses and wear them all day even overcast. saves you from cataracts or keeps already existent cataracts from becoming worse.

    ReplyDelete