Thursday, February 28, 2019

No I will never be able again.

          Our rental trailer had a tree fall it was healthy but the roots weren't deep enough .When It fell it crush an old Nissan truck and pinned our renters Jeep sport. I went up to help Jason cut it off his jeep. I took 3 large branches(1 1/2 ft around) off to reduce weight on his jeep. Once those were off we cut the 2 branches pinning the Jeep as they had no pressure now and backed the jeep out clear of danger. By then I was staggering Jason forced me to take a break and my son showed up and they finished without my help. I got to sit and point so they didn't have the trunk roll and pin them. Jason's jeep has 1 dent in the roof and I can press that out next weekend with a 2x4 and screw jack. The Nissan was going to be sold as a parts car so no loss in it.

     The work I did do showed me I need to take a slower approach to getting work done . Last night we had a pipe bust going through the wall to the shower. I went out with a crescent wrench to turn the water off at the meter. I couldn't budge it so my wife called her son the plumber. He came over and turned it off and  at lunch he spliced the break in 10 minutes and was off running to do 4 more jobs.  He is so hyper his boss has to tell him to slow down people get mad when they see him take 20 minutes to do a job (he does great work) and hand them a 380$ bill. I had a T cut  off in the toolbox that got stole on the truck ;( . I could have fixed the busted pipe but T J did it in a 10th the time.

      

6 comments:

  1. As long as I've known you, you always helped other people and your kids. It's your turn to be taken care of. Sit back and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It kills me that I cant do physically or talk to help. Writing isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could all sit around and enjoy some of your barbecue with you...praying for you. I admire your stoicism

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TO . I have decided that instead of a "Life commemoration " I want a Wake with BBQ and Moonshine !!!

      Delete
  4. I feel for ya buddy, it's gotta suck. I've noticed that just plain old age is taking it's toll on me and I can't do nearly as much as I could even five years ago so I know what you are talking about. Then the thought came to me that this is why they make young people. As Mike said above, you have been helping other people long enough. It's time for Karma to step up to the plate here.
    Do what you can without over doing it and don't be too proud to ask for help if you need it.
    God Bless ya man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phil most the young folks cant remember righty tighty lefty loosey . A micrometer isn't a C clamp . I guess knowing I wont be here a year from now just makes me impatient. The bad days I spend to much time thinking back IF game.

    ReplyDelete