Thursday, October 18, 2018

I got the long face and bad news

        I just want to say thank you to everyone I have talked to here on line and Read blogging. The Doctor gave me the bad news last Thursday . I have 12 months give or take a few. I knew before I went the doctor I was to see immediately after him had a added specialty of palliative care. That's a doctor that over see,s hospice and knocks you out when the end is near. She reminded me of a sweet Aunt I named my youngest after. 

           Being told your dying is a bitch, its worst because I feel GOOD . I mean I am having trouble swallowing again but I am managing to get down enough food . I had prepared my wife so she was my rock . Telling the kids went as expected  but when I had to go up and tell my  MOM  and brother  I lost it. I am ok now but I have a lot to get done. Next week is a lawyer to do a will. I have a note book I am listing items the wife is to give to friends and  relative's once I pass (damn writing and speaking "once I pass" feels weird ). I have a lot to sell because the wife would be lost getting rid of MY STUFF.

        I had to send a letter to my cousin and uncle they have been trying to sell some property I'm half owner in. WE don't get along ,I demanded 60% low retail of my share  to deed it to him . It will burn his ass to have to pay me himself but if he doesn't he has to contend with my wife and 3 kids to make a sale. My kids make what resterraunt for a birthday into a cluster fuck and he knows it. I gave him 60 days or no deal.

        Yea im rambling so I will end this post just wanted to put it out here .

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you. I have enjoyed what time I had and what's left. just booked a cruise.

      Delete
  2. we love you Gary.
    God took my husband on september 11th. the grief is terrible. it was unexpected, but he had a palliative care doc and we didn't know what that meant.
    you have time to get affairs in order. we haven't got that time and are scrambling in the midst of mourning.
    donations paid for husband's funeral. thank God!
    will continue to pray.
    i have seen miraculous cures before. we never know what the Holy Spirit may do.
    i remind you that Jesus loves you no matter how things are here on earth.
    He said in this life you will have troubles. He wasn't kidding.
    praying for you all.

    deb harvey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb I am sorry to hear about your husbands passing. I do feel blessed in having time to get my affairs in order. I have took care of my funeral already to spare the family, my cousin has already said my offer was fair and her dad would have to sign off on it. Today I post a bunch of man cave décor on facebook and have 4 scheduled to look at it tomorrow.My jeep and truck are being fixed then I will have tires put on so the wife wont have to. I found a cheap cruise to the Bahamas to go on in 3 weeks. Dying makes for a lot of work I am trying to spare my family from having to do it.

      Delete
  3. Gary, I am so sorry to hear of your bad news. It is like Deborah said, "there have been miraculous cures" and you may be one. I will continue to pray for you and your family. If you are set on selling off some things, please send me a list of what you have and I'll try to help you sell it as I am not on FB. tfiauthor3@gmail.com
    I wish you well. Good luck and Godspeed.
    Jeffery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jeffery. A miracle would be a waste on me god should save them for kids! If I make 14 to 18 months I will be blessed and happy. Also broke with my plans :).

      Delete
  4. Gary.....I have really enjoyed reading your blog. This news is awful, have been praying for you since your first diagnosis. I am going to make your bbq recipe in your honor this weekend. Of course we will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, BBQ during football is always a good thing.

      Delete
  5. Sir, I am so sorry to hear of this, I don't have the words to make you feel better, only hope you and your family come to terms with it.

    My Mom passed away in late June, she had a respritory disease that took two years to progress far enough to kill her. She was 80 years old and outlived Dad by 20 years, so she knew it was her time. We spent a lot of time saying what needed to be said, she was coherent all the way to the end.

    My prayers for you and your family. God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear your mom passed. my mom is still with us but my wife's mom passed a few years ago. The doctor told her cancer would get her she said at 85 it was old age deal with it. I am at peace with the news

      Delete
  6. Damnit.
    Damnit.
    DAMNIT.
    I gotta give you a lot of credit dude, you have your head screwed on trying to take care of everyone while you can.
    I originally came over here to tell you that the comment you made about my wife being afraid that all my junk winding up being her junk if I kicked off was right on the money.
    Now I see this and it REALLY hits home what you are saying.
    God Bless you man, it really pains me to hear this terrible news.
    I say dang right, go enjoy what time you have while you still can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx. Phil it means a lot. I am in disposal mode and I am spending money as needed so the wife gets by without having to. The cruise is paid for lawyer done 2 more trips soft scheduled. If I didn't have a doctors appmt. to rush back to. Key west would follow the cruise.

      Delete