Thursday, February 15, 2018

Wal Mart,s New in store pick Up

        In the last few months Wally world has been advertising its new pickup service. Our store has a whole area up front set up for it. They even have a dozen + parking places set aside for order pick up only. The pick up area looks like lockers and a kiosk where you enter your order# . 

     Last week me and the wife went to wally world for a few items.
 the main one was southern biscuit mix formula L .My wife and me love them they were out in fact they didn't even have a shelf tag for it anymore.


           Panic time when we got home I got on line and our store had it listed  Out of stock . Ok I log in on wal mart it showed  it available for Pick up. I ordered 4 at 7 pm Last night. At 8 this morning I get an alert on my phone my order was ready to pick up.

     Around 11 we stopped on the way to another store for stuff. We parked  up front punched our code at the kiosk a locker popped open there was our biscuit mix. In done under 3 minutes but I wanted some deli bread and I checked where the mix should be stocked none anywhere . Once home still shows as Out of stock online at that store.
   
     For stuff that is hit or miss being in stock this is the way to go !! I have never been a shop on line type but I liked this in fact I ordered some # 10 cans from Augason Farms  hash browns and dehydrated veggie soup mix. Before this I had to pay shipping. In store is free and no line. My store has never carried Augason farms  pickup date for my order is Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Dang Friend,

    That is our favorite biscuit mix; we have some every Thursday morning. Our local Walmart is like yours, about half the time they're out of the mix. Anymore when we see it on the shelf we buy two!

    We've used that in store pickup from Walmart a few times; works very well. Amazon is still our favorite place to shop online.

    Great to see you back in the game.

    later,
    -Moe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moe I never liked wal marts ship to store but I do this new system. Hint on those biscuits if you make a big batch freeze them on a cookie sheet then put them in a bag you can take out 2 or 3 and they rise and cook like just made.

      Delete