Wednesday, July 12, 2017

My daughter broke her vehicle this time..

        My oldest daughter called me this evening and said something popped in her front tire as she got on the interstate. It wasn't a flat so she limped over here to my house. I pulled the passenger side tire off as brake fluid was everywhere. Now imagine me 5 days out of the hospital with a portable I.V. in my arm breaking lug nuts and jacking a car. My kid had drove her car  till the caliper fell out. The pop was her brake pad falling out. Tomorrow I will have to replace her brake rotor, caliper and pads. She has to work in the morning but her car is in my drive, well she eyeballed my white truck and asked how will I get to work. I got my white truck back the morning I was admitted to the hospital. It had 4 freeze plugs replaced . This is the same kid that blew the motor in my Ram . So I told her call your brother for a ride :).

      For my oldest it isn't broke till it quits moving she isn't getting near my vehicle's again!!!! My mechanic is reasonable but every vehicle I have has been worked on the last 2 weeks. Alice has had her car for 12 years she hasn't done any maintenance on it to amount to spit. I chewed her out when I took her home she has to start maintaining what she has and she needs to start planning on a 2nd vehicle . Nothing last forever.

5 comments:

  1. Facepalm.

    You sure we aren't related?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids wouldn't take a million $ for mine or give you a dime for one like them :).

      Delete
  2. Gary, are you sure those are your kids or strays you picked up somewhere? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't have a milkman or paper boy so I'm sure there mine :(.

      Delete








































  3. maybe she could move within walking distance of her job or get a job within walking distance of her house.
    meanwhile, do you think she could be responsible for an animal>?
    if so, a saddle broke mule might fill the bill, as a mule has good sense if you get the right one, and can get home on automatic with no brake problems once it learns the way.
    that, by the way, is a serious suggestion.
    when my daddy was a child, in the back end of West Virginia, if you had a mule [his family didn't] you were one of the rich people.

    ReplyDelete