Depends on what you look at.
Over at the American Digest, there's a collection of all the things that this administration has accomplished so far.
Here's just the section on immigration. Read it and see if you don't feel like things are going in the right direction, then go over and read the whole thing.
You'll feel a lot better.
You'll feel a lot better.
- Authorized DHS to hire 10,000 ICE officers & 5,000 border patrol agents
- Secured funding for more immigration judges for deportation cases in 2017 budget
- Ended “catch and release” policy
- ICE arrests up 40% as of May
- ICE arrests are 75% criminal illegals as of May
- Ice Arrests for non criminal illegals up 150% as of May due to sanctuary cities polices making Ice go to the home instead of the court houses
- 70%+ decrease in border crossings of illegal aliens in first 6 months per head of ICE (07/18/17)
- No Cuban refugees seen by Coast Guard in Apr first time in 7 years
- Open bidding and plans submitted for the WALL. Finalists selected, prototypes to be unveiled this summer per CBP official/Breitbart news.
- 6ft chain linked fences being replaced by 20ft hardened steel fencing at border
- More than 1400 gang members have been arrested by ICE
- This year the U.S. has already deported 398 MS-13 gang members back to El Salvador – compared to only 534 for all of 2016
- Texas has passed a law outlawing sanctuary cities
- Foods stamp requests by ILLEGALS D O W N
- The Trump administration has moved to reopen the cases of hundreds of illegal immigrants who had been given a reprieve from deportation by Obama
- Per Sec Kelly Plans are to start building the WALL by end of summer.
- Travel ban EO cut refugees to 50,000 limit has been reached as of 07/12/17). USA now closed to refugee without a close connection to the USA
- per Breitbart Sec Kelly has refused to expand H2-B visa program in FY 2017 Update 06/22/17 Sec Kelly will expand the H2-b visa program for a limited number of businesses that are in danger of failing and can’t find employment per breitbart.
- Pres Trump and Sec of DHS ended DAPA (06/16/17)
- Refugees dropped by half entering the USA in first three months of Pres Trump’s admin over Obama’s admin. (6/24/17 per Washington Times)
- In fiscal year 2017 so far, ICE has removed over 2,700 criminal gang members, compared to 2,057 criminal gang members in all of fiscal year 2016. (07/20/17) per Whitehouse
- Per Sec Kelly 66,000 mostly criminal illegals arrested by ICE in first 5 months
- Kate’s Law passed the House 06/29/17)
- No Sanctuary Cities Law Passed the House (06/29/17)
- Illegal immigrant arrests in San Diego, Ca have more than doubled from 2016 and 2015 figures per the San Diego Union Tribune (07/04/17)
- In a reversal of Obama administration policy, federal prosecutors with Operation Streamline are filing criminal charges against migrants the first time they are caught crossing the border illegally. Per Tucson.com and breitbart (07/05/17)
- Refugee Arrivals Plummet in Week After Supreme Court Ruling on Trump Executive Order per Breitbart and Department of State website (07/05/17)
- The International Entrepreneur Rule obama era loophole was closed by DHS on (0711/17). The rule allowed illegals to stay in the country for 2 and half years if they were “starting a business” per breitbart.
- ICE crackdown in Pueblo scaring some families back to Mexico per the Pueblo chieftain (07/10/17)
- House subcommittee includes $1.6 billion in funds for Wall in approbations bill (07/12/17) goes to full house for vote
- DHS proposes rule change to increase length (from 2 weeks to 90 days) and Distance (from 100 miles from the border to entire USA) for people to be immediately deported freeing up courts and stopping the lawfare over immigration. (07/15/17 ) per dailymail
- Thomas D. Homan, acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said in an interview that since Trump entered office, illegal border crossings have crashed by almost 70 percent, “an historic low,” arrests inside the country have jumped 40 percent and that demands for illegal criminals in local jails has skyrocketed 80 percent. (07/18/17) per Washington Examiner
- AG Sessions said one goal of DOJ is to totally end illegal immigration (07/18/17) per Breitbart
- The Trump Administration is providing funding for the Texas National Guard’s efforts to assist in securing the state’s border with Mexico per Breitbart (07/18/17)
- Acting ICE Director Thomas D. Homan said he is going to deploy more officers and agents to “sanctuary cities” to arrest illegal criminal (07/18/17) per Washington examiner
- President Trump ordered the creation of the Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement (VOICE) office at DHS, ensuring that our Government can no longer ignore the victims of criminal acts by illegal aliens. (04/26/17)