Saturday, June 30, 2018

Lightning storms .

     Just got a replacement modem last night to replace the one that got zapped . For about 10 days we have had afternoon thunderstorms with lightning.    We got zapped last Saturday,  all we lost was the ATT. modem. Naturally it took 5 days to get a new one. We lost power 3 times in 5 days for 2 to 10 hours each time .   Infrastructure isn't what we think it is. Its a thin thread that has many knots patching it together. 

     I  have 2 Nabors that have NG gensets hard wired to run a few circuits . I pulled the truck close and used my inverter during the 10 hour outage . Their solution cost 5000$ plus ,mine cost 115$

1 comment:

  1. I share your pain. These pop-up thunderstorms have been intense this year. The lady who go lightning struck in Huntsville about a week ago and is now on life support while working in her yard, is the mother of one of my really good friends. Please keep the Sommer's family in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete