Monday, October 22, 2018

Sheltered wife

       I never noticed but it seems I have taken care of my household pretty damn good . Me and the wife sat down to discuss the bills . It appears that my wife has no idea how to pay the bills ,what bills we have ,when there due or anything. I get all bills by E mail and pay them online except our water and gas. Those 2 company's are stuck in 1974. I mail them checks every 2 or 3 months . I showed the wife how to log on to pay the cable bill she did good the 23 rd time she tried. next will be the power I expect it to take longer as its 2 bills in one to be payed. Any way she should be able to do it by her self if she try's hard come April or May. I also showed her how the real food is bought every2 weeks that has to be cooked . NOT from dollar general.

        I have the Jeep being worked on now she plans to keep it as a back up for her car. I want the cars and truck in as good a shape as possible for her . Plus I will have good tires put on the Jeep and truck. Her son would help after I am gone but last set of tires he got he spent 1400 for the best . I plan on 700 for 2 good new sets. I spent the weekend doing work on the rental trailer . Jason our renter is like one of the kids but we like him .  I have it in good shape hopefully nothing major will need to be done for a few years up there.
      Last Thursday I booked us a cruise on a last minute deal to the Bahamas on Royal Caribbean . 5 nights for 2 was only 750$ ocean view rooms. I am even thinking of a 3 day trip to the Smokey's next week as a surprise . I am checking room rates now to get a good deal if possible. It would be great if it flurried in the Mts then 5 days later we where sweating in Freeport. If you can't
 tell I feel fine but have hit hyper mode.

      I plan on taking care of a few more things ahead of time so it spares the wife doing it . Part is I love her ,part is she would be took and spend way to much . I have started a notebook for her all she has said " I am not stupid" but when asked what she would do or handle something she says  I will be ok . Then she went back to a Facebook  trance.

      

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are getting your affairs in order and have the time to do it. Also, glad you are feeling well too. That last comment about your wife going back into the "FaceBook Trance" cracked me up. If you have not already, you might want to check some Carnival Cruises out of Mobile. I've done that several times and always had good luck at a reasonable price. Hang in there Gary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeffery I want to do the mobile trip but Michel hit Cancun before it made it to fl. They have a couple of low price cruise in Feb. I may take.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. According to this Gary, there was zero damage from the hurricane to Cozumel or the Yucatan peninsula.

      https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150809-i66-k12018791-Damage_From_Michael-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

      Delete