Friday, March 31, 2017

Hey every one.

     I hope every one has been doing well I haven't been online much in the last few week. For me it has been a ride .

     I spent last Friday night in the hospital and last night in the hospital . Last Friday was for de hydration and Low blood pressure. I had hit a brick wall because I wasn't eating. I was drinking but not enough and with no food for 3 weeks my body was in bad shape. Well they got me plenty of I.V. plus some dextrose I.V. and I was lucky had a young doctor who was thorough and he called my other 2 doctors . This week I have had a swallow study done ( Fine) and yesterday they put in a feeding tube (peg)

  I had fought against the feeding tube from day one . The more people I talked to and the more weight I lost the more I reliesed I was a Dumbass and it was the only way I was going to get through all my treatments . So yesterday I got the PEG and had to stay 24 hours for observation. Today my body has got 800 calories in it and I can feel it . Tomorrow I will increase to 1200  calories for 2 days then 1800 to 2000 calorie a day after that. My stomach has shrunk  and the nurse advised me to start slow. I hope I will be able to begin eating a little again next week as I have had a   BAD case of Thrush that the young doctor I saw last week prescribed some pills for that are working.
   
     In a few days I will do a post on what starvation does to a person but my thinking is still fuzzy.

    So for now  I am back on the right track . I had chest X rays no cancer evident and my lymph nodes are back to normal size but am still to swollen from the radiation for my neck x rays to be readable. It gives me hope.

14 comments:

  1. Praying for continued good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to hear from you.
    still praying.
    so much cancer around, including my husband am praying for half a dozen plus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gary,
    Sounds like the worst is over for you, we're happy for that. Tell the Doc to skip the IV solution and use straight Gary's Special BBQ Sauce. You'll be up and about in no time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike I have had 2 doctors say I will be on chemo to long after radiation. My doctor say 13 dose is what he always does regardless.

      Delete
  4. Glad to see your post. I've been wondering how you were doing.

    hang in there brother!

    -Moe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like things have been a struggle. I hope the worst is over and things lighten up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gary, still praying.
    update us on your health when you are able. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gary,
    worried about you. please check in.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there Gary. I hope you are continuing to improve. Post when you can.
    Jeffery

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Gary, hope all is going well but I suspect you're in a battle and it's not fun.
    Update when you can.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete