Tuesday, May 9, 2017

I am alive ! barely

     Sorry for the long absence but things have been tough . My feeding tube got infected with some nasty germs and it blew out they tried 2 more but tissue lose was to much. right now I have a quarter size hole in my stomach that has been draining for a month. To make it worse every now and then it starts bleeding and back to the hospital. I have spent 14 out of the last 30 in the hospital.
    The rest of my time I am kinda bed ridden to prevent bleeding and it is getting old. Friday I see the doctor that should fix my stomach next week.

     On a good note I finished the radiation and the chemo was canceled be cause I cant tolerate it. I think the cancer is gone will know July 15  for sure.

11 comments:

  1. Dude, I certainly hope so.
    keep fighting, sounds like it's wearing on you pretty hard but you are in for the long haul.
    Good on ya for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gary! so grateful to hear from you! been praying, but very worried.
    thanks to God you are going to mend.
    tough on you as you are normally so active and busy about many things.
    important--rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a rough row to hoe. You have to have some cajones to go through all that. I hope it's all eradicated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gary,
    I we were very worried with not hearing from you. Wish the update was better but it sounds like you're getting better and soon you'll be back BBQing again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife had stage 4 breast cancer and had the cancer surgically removed, but got no radiation or chemo. They gave her five years, but it's been ten. Sometimes I think the treatments kill more patients than the disease. Every situation is different, I guess. Glad you're feeling SOME better. Said a prayer for you just now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers. I agree about the treatments.

      Delete
  6. Hang in there Gary. Hopefully the doctor can fix the hole in your belly and the treatments got rid of your cancer. I will continue praying for you. Jeffery

    ReplyDelete