Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Father's day gift review.

       My kids took fathers day a little over board this year. I now it was because I have been sick, so I didn't say anything like I normally would. Over the last 6 months I have not been prepping or even reading the usual web sites. It was like WHY I mite not make it. In the last few weeks I seem to have come out of my funk, depression. IT IS ABOUT TIME. Now I see my attitude was at bottom for to long.

    Ok for fathers day the kids got me camping/prepping gifts. One is a collapsible fishing pole . It is a foot long extends to 6 ft  and comes with a reel and accessories in a bag. The pole is a medium light duty combo perfect for blue gill or any up to a few pounds. A big bass or catfish would be no fun with this combo. I had been thinking about starting fishing again while camping but hadn't even mentioned it to anyone so I was pleasantly surprised.

    I also got 2 sets of these rechargeable batteries. I think the kids knew they had lost more than a few. EBL rechargeable combo 
They also got me a Yeti cup knockoff  and I tested it, half a cup of ice lasted 24 hours I was impressed.

    My wife got me a set of 4 LED lantern's that are awesome . awesome lanterns . The amazon page says they will light for 10 hours at full charge . I tested one last nite and after 6 hours I couldn't tell if it was any dimmer than one just turned on. Now after 10 hours it was still putting out 75% . Each lantern puts out 200 lumens = to a 25 watt bulb. They have a diffuser that softens the light. I love that these are solar rechargeable or wall plug . It has one feature not listed and that's a USB charging port that my phone mp3 or tablet could get a small charge from.



5 comments:

  1. PRESENTS ARE SO NICE--AND YOU GOT USEFUL THINGS--THOUGHTFUL KIDS.
    after any operation there is depression because anaesthetic will do that to you. it eventually fades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice gifts. I keep a Cabelas telescoping cane pole in my truck for just in case. About 10' long when fully extended, very light and low tech.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the nice gifts Gary. I am glad to hear you are feeling better too. Hang tough!
    Jeffery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. No I couldn't justify the cost. We will probably just keep what we have and have more traveling reserve.

      Delete