Tuesday, November 14, 2017

I live but the news isnt good.

      OK they didn't pull my lymph nodes out back in September . They did do another throat biopsy that came back as cancer.  So I had to have a complete larogeal removal . Its a fancy way of saying I can't talk and have a stoma hole in my neck. I have a gapping cut from ear to ear that's about half healed. My lymph nodes were finally pulled but it seem I had tentacles of cancer from the nodes wrapped around my jugular vein. Now with no lymph nodes and down a jugular my face and neck swell 3 to 4 times a day.

      While  I feel ok now I have to be a realist The cancer has Metastasized it can and will pop up somewhere else maybe in a month or a few years. So as soon as I heal and can I plan on cramming as much life in as I can . The winter allows me time to get my affairs squared away. I have decided  no new camper better to take the funds we have and go and have fun. 

9 comments:

  1. Damnit man.
    I was really hoping against hope that you were going to be OK but the long silence kept telling me that bad things were going on.
    I really don't know what to say.
    What do you say?
    Nothing I do say is going to change anything.

    I am just so saddened to hear this.

    I will say that you have the right attitude.
    Live while you can and live as large as you can.

    It can't be easy but please try to keep us updated on things.
    God bless ya man. I'll keep praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you posted.
    worried about you.

    just got home from day in hospital with husband john,
    new cancer med not agreeing with him,
    if it cannot be controlled the chemotherapy is next.
    they are keeping him overnight,
    the new med side effects include nausea.
    he cannot eat so the old ulcer trouble is coming back
    sees the stomach surgeon tomorrow.
    keep praying gary,
    only God can heal any of us and He is good.
    send me your address and i will send you some holy anointing oil.
    you have my email, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary,
    Sorry to here the news. Stay strong and post when you can.
    We’ll be praying for you and for the best outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gary,
    we all respect you and admire you.
    keep holding on to Jesus.
    no matter what.
    the same way you would cling to a raft in a flood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gary,
    husband has cancer. daughter is researching.
    at library got 'unexpected recoveries' by tom monte.
    get it from interlibrary loan which will bring it from any library in your state.
    please read it.
    thanks,
    deb h.

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. she says don't be put off by the jungian psychology, concentrate on the true stories and other parts that are helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck Gary. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. God still performs miracles. I have witnessed them myself. I hope the best for you and your family. Please keep us updated.
    Kindest and most sincere regards,
    Jeffery

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gary, hope all is going well for you.
    You and the wife have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas to you and yours Gary.
    God bless ya.

    ReplyDelete