Friday, January 5, 2018

The news has improved.

  First of thanks for the kind words and wishes from everyone. I hope everyone had a good holiday season.
     My last post may have been a little pessimistic :) . I saw the surgeon  a few weeks back he says he got it all and my lung doctor says their clean. The surgeon says his partner is a gloomy Gus always looking for the worst . He thinks I will be fine but no guaranties in medicine . My neck is almost healed. I have one of those round inserts for my stoma hole in my neck. I find it fits best in my pocket :) damn thing chokes the hell out of me when its in my neck.

     The best news to post is I can talk a little with the valve they put in between my trach and esophagus . Its a course croaking sound but its understandable. The speech therapist says I should be talking good in 6 months with what I can do now.  I will be posting at least weekly from now on but I have to decide what direction my life and blog will be taking.

4 comments:

  1. Great News! We were worried by the silence but we are now glad all is well.
    Now, when's the next camping trip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next trip will be as soon as it warms up a lot. Even your neiborhood is a bit cool :).

      Delete
    2. Yup, it will be in the 20's tonight and tomorrow night then back to normal, 40's and 50's. It is a nice change. Last year we had no spring or fall, just hot then cold, this year is more normal.

      Just a side note; My uncle had the same throat surgery you had, but back in the 1950's. All was well and he lived a normal life with no complications.

      Delete
  2. That is great news Gary. Hang in there and we will continue to pray for your well being. It has been cold here in Dixie as you well know. Today is probably the warmest since the 30th of December (I'm only about 50-60 miles west of you).

    ReplyDelete