Thursday, April 26, 2018

A year makes a huge difference .

   Yesterday I turned 55 all the kids called texted or came by. Me and the wife went out and had  good lunch of steak fajita's. She drank a couple of top shelf margaritas and got a little frisky on my ass. I liked my present . I am a year older not dead ! 
   Now last year I was in a hospital bed with 2 I V,s in me. I had a drain tube hanging out my gut wondering  if I was going to be around Mothers day (which I spent in the ICU unit). My dear wife asked if I wanted my birthday present and I had to pass last year . Now I am not being vulgar its just  me . I give her the same answer every time she asks me "what do you want for " dinner ,lunch, birthday, Christmas, you name it has become a running joke with us. She said she knew I was scared and sick last year when she didn't get my normal reply. 

      We have the camper ready to head out this weekend down to the coast. I plan on getting in 10 days down there then come home . My wife,s sister has breast cancer and is having a double Mastectomy to eliminate any chance of it returning. She's the one that normally camps with us. My wife plans on helping her during her recovery. Soon as sister in law is able we will take her to the Smokey's and stay a week.

     I haven't posted much because my mother  has been visiting but she went home yesterday .  

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your friskiness has returned and that you are good to go. You and your wife sound just like me and mine. I had a heart attack on March 12, 2017 on the day before my 63rd birthday. When my wife was visiting me the next day I told her to lock the door and climb aboard. Naturally she declined, but seemed very relieved that I was back to my old pervo self. Have a good time on your camping trip and prayers go out to your SIL for a speedy recovery..............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Its fun when a couple are on the same page in a relationship isn't it. We have friends that have been married 40 years and are prudish kinda sad, we have a lot of fun teasing each other.

      Delete
  2. Amazing the difference a year makes. I'm glad to hear your birthday was awesome, hope the weekend continues the trend.

    ReplyDelete