Thursday, April 5, 2018

Time to sell

          My front yard looks like Red Neck heaven . I have  both my yellow vending trailer's ready to paint sitting by the road. Next to it is my white truck (For Sale) then my daughters Honda(for sale) . My wife has 4 tables set up for a yard sale . I sold my sons camper yesterday and got it out of the yard . I pulled my Big grill next door because people ask if its for sale , its the only thing out there that's NOT for sale . If I get a good offer on the half finished grill its gone if I get a decent offer on the old Yellowstone camper it can go to.

       Now I did get one thing done that I am proud of today.  I repaired the air conditioner on our camper , kind of .  Last August when we were on the gulf our air conditioner motor was making a loud knocking and roaring like the motor bearings were going out . we couldn't run it 5 minute's at a time. I had found on amazon 2 replacements but needed the motor # to know which one. Now that I weigh only 180 I can get on the roof . I took the cowling off the A/C got the # off the motor. Once I had the # I removed the huge Dirt daubber Nest that was on one blade of the A/C fan got the wife to turn it on . It was quiet as a mouse  run great after I got all the wasp nests dirt dauber nests  pine needles and gunk cleaned out of the unit.
      While I was on top I did a good inspection of the vents and seams . I  need to do some caulking soon.  This summer it will be okay but will need to be sealed up before winter.

    If I had carried the camper to a shop the bill on the A/C would have been 500$ they would never have told me it was a nest and gunk. They would have billed me 350$ for a roof caulk and seal up.   It could use a seal job but I can do it for 40$ materials and an hours time max.


Update Saturday 4/7 its 48 and misty out NO Yard sale today . No traffic at all on the road.

5 comments:

  1. God has surely blessed you. have a good time this summer!
    are you going back into the barbecue business?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I plan on camping a lot and chasing the wife like an old rooster. My birthday is the 25th and I told her we will be camping somewhere.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You still interested in the old silver camper shell ?

      Delete
  3. Good on ya my man. Excellent find on the A/C unit and yes, you just saved at least $500. Too bad about the yard sale but Summer is coming.

    I need to do the same thing with the crap in my garage. I'd probably make a small fortune and free up some space at the same time but then the wife would have to find something else to complain about. Sometimes, ya gotta give 'em something to nag about, otherwise, they might have to find something and it's better to keep that one thing than for her to find something else that might actually be serious.

    ReplyDelete