Monday, May 28, 2018

Sold my yellow stone camper

          Today I waved goodbye to the old trailer I got right before I started chemo. I had wanted to fix it up and use it but life got in the way. After I had recovered I considered repurposing it as a portable sandwich,  hotdog stand. It could have been cute but the wife and kids told me just sell it and keep my present vending trailer.  So I listed it on Facebook and Craig's list . Vintage trailer shell  7ft X12 no interior, early 50s Camp it or Yellowstone Mfg. Price 1000$

        
    I washed it and moved it out by the road, screwed down that back corner aired the tires made it presentable . I showed it to a dozen or more that seemed interested . I got lowball offers from 100$ to 500 . Even a used lawnmower trailer brings 6 to 800$ and is smaller.
    
       Today a young man drove from Cartersville Ga. I told him my bottom dollar was 800 or don't come it was 160 mile each way. Well he showed and we talked he wanted to do a restore to take his wife camping. They had Mud buggy Jeeps  and had been using a van but now had a baby and he wanted more room.
    This young man went over it top to bottom even took a ladder so he could see the roof. He didn't spew out ever flaw but I knew he saw them . One lady had bitched about everything she could find imperfect about it. To her I said  its a 48 model what year are you? She left a little mad. 
     The fellow got quiet and was thinking hard I could see him running  numbers and what it would take in his head. I gave him a few then asked, think you can fix it so the wife is happy.  He said yea he knew he could. Where you at on price son  he said 600$ I told him make it 700 we both can lie and say we got it for OUR PRICE . He said Deal, I feel good I believe it will get a second life with a young family.

    



No comments:

Post a Comment