Friday, November 2, 2018

Truck transmission problem cheap fix

         My mechanic stopped by to tell me he found why my truck's transmission was acting up  occasionally. It turns out it was  check valve in the line from the radiator to transmission was clogging with gunk. The magnet in the pan and the filter was fairly clean no metal shavings found. That was my big concern it would have meant I would sell the damn thing. Now I am having a trans cooler installed he feels this will solve my towing problems.  I want my wife and her sister to be able to camp after I am gone and a dependable tow vehicle is a Must.
                  


       My mechanic David has a trans cooler out of a junker for 10$ The filter and gasket was 26$ but I need 6-8 quarts of ATF 4 . I offered him 80$ for to help cover parts but he said it would be Monday before mine got finished he had to fix his first but if I could do 130$ that would cover parts and labor. I think he needed the money to fix their truck his wife has always been hard on vehicles. I am happy our quickie oil place gets 89$ for a trans filter and fluid change and I think only the manager could spell CAR.

3 comments:

  1. good going on the vehicle repair.. you've got a good mechanic and an honest one.

    keep praying
    i have seen amazing healings, although God took my husband even though hundreds of people were praying for him.
    i once saw my husband healed right in front of my eyes!
    God has healed others and it may fall to you to be healed.
    i don't know how the Holy Spirit works but i know that He does work.
    keep praying and keep clearing your affairs. who knows what lies in store for a hard working guy like you?
    good things, i hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Deb. One look at all the cars in my front yard a mechanic knows more to be made by being honest than doing a rip off. We have 4 cars plus 7 kids with 19 cars and 4 driving grandkids with 6 cars.

      Delete
  2. it is either a used car lot or a hillbilly's house
    [i'm a displaced hillbilly]

    ReplyDelete