Thursday, January 24, 2019

I am still kicking. But not as high as i;d like

      I didn't  notice how long it had be since I posted till today . I have been either wide open or dead on my feet not able to do anything.

            I know the shut down is affecting a lot of people but I hope  Trump forces the issue of the wall .

       Since New Year I have got a lot done around the house. Finished painting our kitchen and a shelf built above the washer and dryer .   I also painted our living room above the chair rail and with a lot of help got the L.R. ceiling scraped of the texture crap that I hated . Our grand daughter and her husband did most of the ceiling as my neck don't bend. Dragged my wife to the bank and got most our financials took care of. I  am glad I got done what I have as I am running out of gas now. I have lost weight as I cant eat and now drinking has become limited. Looks like I will be having a feeding tube put in in the next few weeks I am waiting for the call now.




      For 10 years we have used a 3 brick wall heater. I began to stay cold like the bear in the picture so I got a 5 brick. My step son swapped them out and wow what a difference. 


6 comments:

  1. Gary, good to read a post from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long over due. been busy but depressed a lot to. Makes writing difficult

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the tube Gary. It does sound like you have been busy. We heat with gas heaters similar to the one pictured. We have been using them since '98 when we lost power for nine days. We used the fireplace for heat hanging quilts at both ends of the living room. After power was restored my wife called the gas company and wanted gas heaters, hot water heater, stove/oven and told them she'd take a gas television if they had one. Most years it isn't too expensive. We still have an electric furnace, but only use it if the the weather is very cold. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeffery In the 93 snow storm all we had for heat was a gas stove. I swore never again.

      Delete
  3. Gary,

    Good to see the post from you. I/we wonder how you're making it pretty often. Glad you upgraded your heat, being cold sucks monkey-butt; too many winters spent up north I guess.

    Keep it turning to the right brother.

    later,
    -Moe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moe! I am nice and toasty with the new heater now. The wife and me have just a couple of things left to square away then all that's left is to have fun.

      Delete