Sunday, September 14, 2014

Bike rallys are differant in every way

     Well I did it,I went and had a learning experience.I was so out of my element I had never attended a bike rally and if you have never been it is a world in its self.Now i am no prude but i saw a side of people i never expected.The term   PARTY NAKED  and PARTY TILL YOU DROP have taken on new meaning to me.
     Here i was with a limited menu selling funnel cakes and corn dogs and BBQ sandwiches  surrounded by 1500 people  drinking thinking about getting naked or 100 already drunk and naked .Some looked real GOOD but most should have stayed dressed.Just for the record I STAYED DRESSED deep frying and nudity is a bad idea OK at my age and weight cloths are mandatory.
     Back to business I had the wrong product for the crowd the main goal was to get drunk and get L^&*D.Food was just so they could keep drinking and not fall out. Th pizza and hogie stand was booming and so was the guy selling cheese fries big burgers and PO boys. I broke even.Now i could have made a profit but at midnight i was beat the other vender's had help and worked 24 hours for 4 days I worked 10 hours but skipped Saturday nite due to dehydration. It was a educational experience and nothing like a festival or any event i have worked in the past.
     Now i did get the stand inspected and meet the health department lady that i will be dealing with in the future.It passed and she said it would pass a permanent inspection.
    
     Was this weekend profitable? That depends on how you look at it.
1. passed first inspection
2 got to meet the inspector
3 made 2 contacts for company catering
4 may have a haunted house to be sole vender at
5 gave the stand a working test
6 Saw more naked women in 3 days than in my life combined(i am51) and broke even for the event.
  
     Yes this weekend was profitable!
     Yes I would do it again but i would have a menu to match the crowd. fry ed starch and salty. I was an outsider but felt welcome these vender's work this circuit full time and the crowd knows them by name.



No comments:

Post a Comment