Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Painted the trim on the house.

        A couple of weeks ago I bought a quart of white paint to touch up my little camper. Well I gave the wood 2 coats and still had plenty left. In front of my house I have a ledge on each side with the old style concrete planters. Like Grandma had at her house.


    Mine had been painted in the past but were looking ruff. So I took them down and emptied the dirt and gave them 2 coats of paint. When I put them back on the ledge I saw how chipped and faded the trim was on the front of the house had become. So I got a gallon of bright white to do the trim.

   I took the water hose and put on one of the old brass nozzles so I could blast off all the flaking paint last weekend. This weekend  I jumped back  to it and painted the trim. When I finished I am pleased. If it last 20+ years like it did before I will be happy(and also long dead). The house was painted in 83 by the former Owner in oil on the cedar   but white latex trimmed. The oil based red still looks good and now the trim is fresh.   It looked like this all over when I started.


  finished 


   Me and the wife got froggy and cleaned up the Porch I filled my truck bed with crap that had accumulated. Still got a ways to go before its as we want but a good start. We still want to paint the steps and floor a grey but that's for later.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good. My little hacienda could also stand a little touch of paint.

    later,
    -Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good Gary! Now tell the truth, your wife did all the painting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit she did those trellis metal columns. I was going to spray paint them she said no she would do them.

      Delete