Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Long weekend

      With last weekend being Labor Day I did BBQ again . I had 6 butts pre sold  and wound up cooking and selling 20 . I think it may have been my last time . I made a nice profit for the time and money but it wasn't Fun . I always enjoyed doing it before but this time it felt like I was just going through the motions. I will have to see how I feel about it in the future.

     I had planned on going out west this month but my wife isn't willing unless I make a hard time line and reservations for the whole trip. If I left by my self we all know how that would end.  So I have agreed to sit on the couch with her till death it seems.

      On a brighter note I did fix the tractor that had a missing freeze plug.  The old one tapped right back into place simple as can be.  It also had a split hose I cut down and reclamped . With Fall almost here its time to get anti freeze and add to all the vehicle's . You know when you have 8 radiators to treat it gets expensive quick.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Gary,
    You've had a brush with a life ending event and any mans ambitions do change under those conditions. Enjoy every minute of life! And to make things easier on you, have the wife plan the trip! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife cant make a grocery list. All her family has sat down at 65 to wait on death.

      Delete
    2. Well Bud, don't join them, get out and do what ever you like! :-)

      Delete
  2. it is good to check ahead about hotels where you need them
    went out once and told husband call for reservations. he said no need it is out in nowhere land. well the state was there with many men redoing and building a highway, had to sleep in car terrible night could have strangled him easily.
    so, no need to plan too far ahead, but scout before you commit.
    you were taking the camper? that will see you through if you can find a walmart.
    roust your wife out. or you'll grow roots out your bum. got to keep active.

    ReplyDelete