Thursday, August 30, 2018

Well the car is running good.

          My son put the new starter on yesterday evening . Took about an Hour he was going to replace the valve cover gaskets but turned out the bolts had just worked loose . When I say loose I mean bad. I don't see how oil wasn't pouring every where.  On this car if the battery is disconnected it resets the computer. You don't have to go to a dealer like with some of the newer ones but you have to baby it for 10 miles or so till it relearns and resets .  We treated the fabric roof with water repellant,  changed the oil and filter . Aired the tires up now just  need to add anti-freeze and it is set for a while.

       The roof on the convertible is shot it needs to be replaced. Now the cars book value is 2900$ a new roof is 1300 $ . I have a problem spending that much on a 14 y/o 130,000 mile car . If it makes it with no issues till next summer I may fork it out.
       The Wife may decide she wants to let it go and take THE  jeep.
With her age and my health our next car  needs to be a careful choice . It may be the one that needs to out last us .     

 Patched but ugly we will see how it holds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment