Friday, July 31, 2015

Chainsaws gas vs. electric .

    The other day I added my 2  cents worth on Sixbears blog on electric chainsaws. I love mine . Now a gas chainsaw has a place but in most cases an electric is better. Sunday I have to go finish getting an oak tree out of a mans yard and will use my gas saw but its because of I haven't sharpened my electric.

    An electric saw is quieter its lighter and always runs . I keep a 1500 watt inverter in my truck and if I am cutting wood I have my truck there for hauling and to power the saw. It can be operated of f a battery recharged by solar if need be at a retreat. Beats using a bucking saw ( I have an old dull one) and is faster.

   If you have used a gas chainsaw you know they tend to quit at the worst time. They are not dependable , I have rebuilt carbonator's on them its no fun. Then you have to have fuel for them that is mixed you also tend to foul plugs often. The biggest advantage is there portable and have more power than the electric.

     If you plan on heating with wood someday I would advise both just because, but if I could have only one it would be an electric.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment