Tuesday, March 27, 2018

My old truck isnt as dead as i thought.

      Yesterday I carried all the trash I had loaded on my old truck to the church dumpster across the road. It is emptied a 5 am EVERY TUESDAY. I have coffee at 5.15 on Tuesday morning because it wakes me up. After I got that load off the truck  I go back to the house and start grabbing more stuff to haul over to the dumpster. By the time I was done I could barely close the lids . Now a lot of the stuff was my son's trash from his old camper and scrap wood I had lying around .

         The old truck had a water leak and spent all winter with no water in it . Right before I got sick I had 4 freeze plugs replaced and one still dripped. I never got a chance to take it back and it has been so long asking him to fix it now would be wrong . Well I filled the radiator with water drove it to the gas station and put 5 dollars in the tank drove it back home . The temp gage hit 190 or so but that is its normal .  I saw no leaks under it. This morning I take the radiator cap off its still full. I drove it about 20 miles still not running hot  and no leaks. All I can think is when I filled it with water it had some rust that got stuck where the freeze plug leak was. I was going to seal it with liquid glass and copper shaving but with no leak It won't work. liquid glass

     

    Wow this is the only picture I have of my truck  and its 5 years old at least. After 12 months of not leaving the yard it now has a nice green and yellow tint to it. Next up it get washed and bleached when the sun is out.

2 comments:

  1. Well that's certainly good news. As long as it runs well and if the freeze plug begins to leak again it would be worth the effort to replace the plug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike I hope it keeps running well but I am going to clean it and sell it to.

      Delete