Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Over doing it.

      This Sunday we had a nice warm sunny day . I decided to try and get our mobile home's roof  rebuilt . Jason our renter helped me but he is scared of ladders/ heights, his shadow and Yelling . We did good, he climbed on the ladder and I didn't holler at him to much. It took about 5 hours to replace the busted rafters and metal roofing that was busted by the tree. The sheet metal we were able to get fairly straight and reused it. Jason has always tried to help around his place and at our house. While he does rent our trailer he is more like one of our kids. The main difference is we like him .But all the twisting and bending took its toll on my neck and shoulders. I broke down and took a pain pill before bed Sunday and Aleve 3 times Monday.

       My days of big projects are over  ! I may be able to do big project's but they will have to be broken into many smaller parts done over much longer time frames. Some things are just not within my ability any longer. It rained over an inch last nite and Jason said he had no leaks so it seems it was worth the pain . Now to fix the buckling in the wall . 

       All I did today was go pay my sons property taxes. He swore he had paid them before Christmas. The certified letter delivered Monday said he lied. 42$ is a small price to insure he don't have to move back here!!  If I had known it was due before jan1 it was just 17$. OK I better stop here I have a rant on  my Son going back to his worthless ways but don't want to type it . 

7 comments:

  1. Dang Brother,

    I can't muster the enthusiasm to mow the grass and you've jumped out there a tackled a big repair project. You still got a lot of iron in the fire.

    I enjoy your posts,,,,,,,,,

    later,
    -Moe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moe I am trying to tie up a bunch of projects that I had going when I first got sick. Plus some repairs that crept up while I was sick. What I did Sunday would have cost 3 to 5 hundred with a handyman / contractor.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I have them sent here I just took him at his word that he had gone and paid it the first time. I took pity on him last time and invested a lot of time and money in getting him a new start. IT was in Vain. Now I will watch him twist and flop sitting on his ass begging his sisters for help.

      Delete
  3. the doing-it-a-bit-at-a-time comes to all of us, it just got you a little younger than usual.
    it works well, my husband accomplishes something, comes in for an hour or half hour nap, gets up and accomplishes the next thing.
    it is the chemotherapy tiredness but it beats dying in agony every time!
    accept the rest periods and go easier when you are working, maybe take a little longer and have tea and protein snacks with you all the time.
    am i good at lecturing--or is it nagging?

    ReplyDelete