Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Took a large BBQ catering order.

     Today I had a regular customer call and place an order for 8 smoked pork butts next Wednesday . She is the head of a pet adoption agency and has served my BBQ at many of their fund raiser dinners and functions. She is a trained chef and caters dinners and fund raisers for other charities. This order is for a catering dinner up in Kentucky. She said they had it Saturday at her fund raiser and asked her to do their event next Friday . It is nice to know my BBQ  is beginning to be requested in a circle that has the means to purchase from any that claim to be "World Famous". I don't make any claims except its consistent ,good and reasonable priced.

    Ok because of this catering order I will have a lot of extra trim meat . I take 8 to 10 lb. butts and trim to 7 lb. give or take 1/4 lb. I could save the trim till the next weekend cook and serve it in sandwich's but I plan on canning it like I did the hamburger. I may put some up smoked and not smoked. Chicken will be put up to mainly because leg and thighs are 39 cents this week.

   

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're getting famous. Yes can the extras, I can pork shoulder and it comes out pulled pork tender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike I like the business but I am still an unlicensed renegade BBQ stand. I am looking forward to canning the meat. Every week I have about 2 gallons of pork lard dripping. I am going to try canning some of it once its rendered snow white pure.

      Delete