Sunday, March 20, 2016

Going camping.

   The wife and I are going camping Monday for a week. I need a break from those 2 houses and the kids are driving us nuts. Every married couple needs a break from little kids. The problem with ours is their 24 but want to be took care of like their 10.

   Now that I feel fine I should be busting my butt on finishing those houses but the wife wants to go to the lake to relax and play patty cake. The choice wasn't hard to make. The wife is right we need some time alone and the work will go faster when I get back.

  The camper got a bath and so did the truck, last week it was 80 two days so I waited till it was 45 to wash them today. Yea I froze but got it done . The camper got switched to summer camping from a fall setup. It is a little different as far as food ,bed covers, clothes.

    We went and bought groceries as over the last 4 months we "Robbed" most of what we had in the cabinets. Now it is all rotated and ready to go. I did pull some items out of food stores but when we camp its not heavy meals its more snacks and junk food we can't have at home because the kids wolf it down in a day. The weather is going to be nice it is cool nights and days in the upper 60s . Even with all I have going on we are making our summer travel plans. I have to get moving and finished with most of these places as we want to spend more time on the coast this year.

6 comments:

  1. Have a good time!
    I have been thinking of doing some camping myself here lately, alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone needs time away. Hope you can after that mad move you need it!!!

      Delete
  2. enjoy it all while you are young.
    time takes a toll.
    it all sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb we did enjoy the lake but the gout made my wife see young we aren't.

      Delete
  3. Have fun, just don't let Mom wear you out because you still have lots of work to do for the kids! HaHa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike it was fun but we got our first night and the last alone all others we had company .Next trip will be farther away .

      Delete