Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Got a dehydrator today.

       The other day I posted that Aldi's had a dehydrator starting today for 19.99 . It is one of their weekly special buy's and some time's they get gone quick. I had to go to Lowe's for a door and wood for my daughters place and Aldi's is across the street so I swung in and got the dehydrator.

   I got back home at noon and it was to hot to go hang the door . So I unpacked the dehydrator sliced up some potatoes, blanched them and loaded it up.  They have been on 11 hours now and when I get up in the morning they will be done. Next after potatoes will be onions and peppers. I plan on 2- 5 gallon buckets of potatoes and 5 gallons of onions and peppers in 1 gallon bags separated.

   This unit is not a top of the line but for 19.99 it looks like it should give several years service. It is a lot bigger than I thought and had 5 trays for the money I am happy.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a deal. If it works for a year or two and you like the dehydrated foods then spend some money for a quality one and really stock up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike if it last 2 years I will build a good large one. In 2 years grocery store's could be memory like in Venezuela.

      Delete