Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Why I built my teardrop

we had just broke camp at disney world
  Ok let me start with i wanted to travel. After i had to close my store i was in  poor financal shape. WE had hung on to long and it cost dearly.I already had a 27ft layton camper but going to the lake was expensive and it was a hassel.I had seen a few teardrops on the computer that was homemade then i found  http://www.tnttt.com/  great site and lots of info.My rig is a 4ft wide 8ft long semi teardrop  in shape .I had an old trailer in the yard and went from there. A few2x3s some 1x2s  4 sheets plywood 1/2 inch and 2 sheets of shower fiberglass .If i can build one so can you. My wife wanted to pull it with her convertible so wieght was an issue. The teardrop has only droped our milage 1 mabe 2 mpg most campgrounds we have stayed at run 20$ to 30$ a nite with power and water .Frugal travel works for us.                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment