Monday, September 2, 2013

Some people aint right bright

      Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Labor day weekend.I sweat ed for the last 4 days in 95 degrees with 90% humidity next to a smoker.Was a good weekend selling sold out early everyday.
      Sunday a gentleman stop ed by the stand and informed me i should be careful with my potato salad a few weeks before this he had bought 2 BBQ plates from me and he thought the potato salad had made him and his wife sick.I apologized and told him i tried to take great care in keeping it chilled.He told me that they had enjoyed it Friday nite liked the portions because it made enough for the next day.He said Saturday he had microwaved the plates and had them again.Sunday he told me both of them felt sick at there stomachs.
      Now i do feel bad that they got sick,BUT  who in their right mind heats potato salad in the MICROWAVE?Its mayo based, their is a reason its served cold !My best friend turned to me after the man left and smiled.He asked me "Some people ain't right bright are they?

4 comments:

  1. If he got sick it was not from microwaving it. It was from not being cold enough as he carried it home and stored it! Actually, I do like potato salad warm right after it is made. But, that is because I am eating it before I have a chance to chill it.

    I have a friend who would heat potato salad in the microwave, refusing to eat it cold.

    If he got sick from eating your potato salad, the potatoes are the culprit. The pathogens are in the potatoes and from the earth. Check it out or come to my blog and read about it. Just google potatoes. I published the post in June, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh i can agree it wasnt the microwaving it was the length of time it was out at room temp.Fresh made and warm is the way i like it but once chilled i eat it cold.potato salad is one thing that doesnt like tmperture variances.There is a reason very few resturrants serve it.I maybe changing to baked potatos on my plates soon.

      Delete
  2. There are a lot of people who don't think anything they do is their own fault. It's always somebody else's responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep i have a son like that.Crazy is treatable Stupid is not.

      Delete